Monday, January 11, 2010

B is for basketball.

I have always hated basketball. For all my life basketball was the stupidest sport ever. I couldn't play it I couldn't hear about it I couldn't even look at it. My prospective finaly changed. Not too long ago I decided to try out a new sport, even if I couldn't stand it I wanted to play because all my friends were. I put my name on the list and next thing you know I was dribbling on the court for my very first practice. I would run down the Court thinking to my self how good I am and BAM! I missed, but I tried.

It was about 2 weeks into the season and sadly we had to face our first fear, a game. Everyone was nervous because really we didn't know what we were doing. The buzzer went as our team was running frantically around like chickens. After a while we started to get better and better but it never showed on the score board. As the game died down with only a minute left, we all knew, the other team had won. The score was 55-14 for the bad guys. It may be hard to believe but our team played very well against one of the top teams in our division.

Now that we have had a few more practices and experience we are not bad. Later on in the month we had our second game. When we saw the other team come off the bus we thought they were playing the Senior team, but no it was us. These guys were so big, and our team is so small it was a little unfair. Also our team is made up of grade sixes and sevens with the exception of Keegan Irland but at that time Keegan had a broken wrist so he couldn't play. Again our team had a good game and lost by less. Basketball is a very fun sport, I hated it and now look at me I'm Kobe Bryant well....not really. Basketball is a great sport to play and even if you hate it now maybe if you just give it a try you might end up loving it like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment