Saturday, May 8, 2010

S is For Soccer


At the moment I am sitting in a very nasty Holiday Inn located somewhere in Niagara. It is has one bed, a smelly pull out couch and a T.V that you need a microscope to see. It is not the best hotel I have ever stayed in, and the beautiful view from out our room window (recycling plant) does not make things better. But there is a reason for all this misery, I'm in a soccer tournament. It is a Tournament that happens every year and teams from all over Ontario come to play.

Today was probably the WORST DAY EVER!!! 3000 mile per hour wind, red checks, white hands, frozen feet, and random crying Italian people, you name it.... it was happening. We had to play 3 games today, 8 AM, 12 AM, and 4 PM and trust me none of them were pretty. We battled hard and it payed off. The first game we lost 2-1 the second game we won 3-1 and the third game we won 4-0. Since we won two of the three games we played we had to play the next morning at eight. My Dad and I had the night off so we decided to order some pizza and watch some hockey, you know like father son bonding time. But it was the exact opposite of that. After the pizza came at 7 o'clock my dad fell asleep and when he falls asleep it is next to impossible to wake up. I was nudging, punching and yelling at him and he still didn't wake up. After an hour of 2 he woke up and the night continued.

The morning came quick and I did not get a very good night sleep. I had to search the hotel for my soccer clothes and i could not find anything. Obviously the Craigs are running late so we had to get some Tim Horton's before the game. As we pulled up to the field I hopped out of the car and begun to warm up. The game felt like it was 20 hours because it was so darn cold. Thew game was almost over and the last 5 minutes the other team scored on a penalty kick. The score was 1-0 and that meant that our team was out of the tournament. We had to go home and I was a little sad but at the same time I was excited to see my mom on mothers day.

Life Lession- DO NOT STAY AT THE HOLIDAY INN!!!!

I commented on Andys blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment