Wednesday, April 21, 2010

C is for Commercials

So your sitting on your leather lazy boy in the corner of the basement watching the Stanly Cup playoffs with the t.v turned up as loud as it goes. Your sitting on the edge of the couch just waiting for your team to score but......then.......a.....comercial comes on!!!! Commercials can be good or bad, sometimes I love commercials, in my opinion the Bud light commercials are the best but once and a while you get the longest worst and most boring commercials ever. I have to say that the worst commercials are the enterprise rent a car.....like come on can that old lady get any more annoying!!! "Enterprise rent a car for me, sounds expensive" Its not expensive mom" " If it wasn't expensive why didn't you get me a bigger car" AAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! That commercial comes on like every second!!! Well, ya that's my negative look on commercials but for every 5 bad commercials you get one great one!



Commercials have changed alot over the years. Commercials used to be very simple, black and white and did not have a real meaning to them. Now adays a simple 30 second super bowl add can cost the company 2 million dollars, and that's only the 30 second spots. The first American television advertisement was broadcast July 1, 1941 and only costed 4 dollars. The add aired at half time at a Philadelphia Phillie's game, the add was only ten seconds long and was advertising Gibbs Toothpaste. T.V commercials are filled with catchy theme songs or quotes and almost always catch your eye. They are used to suck in kids like me and want me to buy there product like Doritos....every time I see a Doritos commercial my mouth starts to water and i crave them soooo much.



I don't know if you have ever herd of this but its a little something called PVR. PVR lets you fast forward all the commercials and let you go back to your show. I respect that and I think that's a great idea but its killing the marketing world. How are all these company's going to survive without advertising there products. Hopefully PVR will not take over the marketing business or even the world. Well this has been a very cool blog and I just want to list my 5 favorite commercials. Another thing that annoys me are infomercials. Snuggies, Magic Bullet, Slap chop, and many more, these are all the cheesy and very funny infomercials. Infomercials are normally longer than regular commercials but are very repetitive. Like come on do you really need to show the phone number 10 times and ya we get it if we call now you will double the offer and get the second one free! Well that is my blog for the week and I hope that every time you watch a commercial you think of this blog.



1: Doritos commercial with the baby and the momma http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0EVSP_6XZA

2: Telus commercial with the hippo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Dhq-gkyCQs

3: All Budd light commercials

4: Side kicks 25% less salt and the cute little salt guy crying http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OekR7Ocu86M

5: Snuggie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxMJlmmnd5g&feature=fvsr

I commented on Tommys Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment